Creating Healthy Communities
Creating Healthy Communities is a grant project of Richland Public Health, Division of Community Health and Prevention Sciences
At the Intersection of Health and Education
The Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) project, North End Community Improvement Collaborative (NECIC) and others have invested in the full development of the Blust Avenue Teaching Garden.
The Creating Healthy Communities Project
The Creating Healthy Communities project has organized two coalitions to serve the Mansfield and Shelby communities. This has provided a great opportunity for people and organizations committed to improved health to come together to share information and to collaborate.
2019 Meeting Dates
Mansfield CHC Coalition
Corley Room, Richland Public Health, 555 Lexington Ave., Mansfield
- Monday, January 28 at 1:00 pm
- Monday, March 25 at 2:00 pm
- Monday, May 20 at 2:00 pm
- Monday, July 22 at 2:00 pm
- Monday, September 30 at 2:00 pm
- Monday, November 18 at 2:00 pm
Shelby CHC Coalition
City Hall Conference Room, 43 W. Main St., Shelby
- Tuesday, January 15 at 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 19 at 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 21 at 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 16 at 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 17 at 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 19 at 2:00 pm
- Increasing access to fresh fruits and vegetables by expanding participating farmers markets in the WIC farmers market coupon program.
- Supporting worksites in implementing food and beverage guidelines that promote and reinforce healthy choices.
- Working towards Complete Streets which make walking, bicycling and transit use safe and accessible for everyone.
- Continued improvements at parks so that residents are welcomed and encouraged to use facilities to be
Tobacco Free Living
- Supporting tobacco-free living at multi-units housing facilities.
Questions or Comments
We'd love to hear from you. Contact us or take our survey to speak to one of our public health professionals or share your experience with our services. We value your feedback!