Community Health Screenings
For all adults in Richland County. These health services are provided by the Public Health Nursing Division of Richland Public Health.
Included in FREE Health Screenings
- Blood Pressure Reading – FREE
- This simple check screens for hypertension (hgih blood pressure) and hypotension (low blood pressure). High blood pressure is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Blood Sugar Check (3-hour fast preferred) – FREE
- This blood test screens for hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). One cause of high blood sugar is diabetes.
- Anemia Check – FREE
- With a small fingerstick, two blood tests (hemoglobin and hematocrit) check on red blood cells. Low hemoglobin and/or hematocrit can be a sign of anemia.
- Cholesterol Check (requires 9-12 hour fast) – $12.00. Cash or check only.
- This blood test measure good cholesterol (HDL), bad cholesterol (LDL), and triglycerides.High cholesterol levels is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Education and Referrals – FREE
- Receive information from a Public Health Nurse about various health issues and how to connect with community resources to assist you with your unique health andwellness needs.