Community Health Screenings
For all adults in Richland County. These health services are provided by the Public Health Nursing Division of Richland Public Health.
Included in FREE Health Screenings
- Blood Pressure Reading – FREE
- This simple check screens for hypertension (hgih blood pressure) and hypotension (low blood pressure). High blood pressure is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Blood Sugar Check (3-hour fast preferred) – FREE
- This blood test screens for hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). One cause of high blood sugar is diabetes.
- Anemia Check – FREE
- With a small fingerstick, two blood tests (hemoglobin and hematocrit) check on red blood cells. Low hemoglobin and/or hematocrit can be a sign of anemia.
- Cholesterol Check (requires 9-12 hour fast) – $12.00. Cash or check only.
- This blood test measure good cholesterol (HDL), bad cholesterol (LDL), and triglycerides.High cholesterol levels is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Education and Referrals – FREE
- Receive information from a Public Health Nurse about various health issues and how to connect with community resources to assist you with your unique health andwellness needs.
Health Screening Resources
2021 Community Health Screenings
CHS returns after being postponed due to COVID-19. Click for the schedule with locations, dates, and times for August through November.
Neighborhood Immunizations return after being postponed due to COVID-19. Click on the button for the schedule with locations, dates, and times for July through December.