RICHLAND PUBLIC HEALTH
Division: Environmental Health
Position: Maintenance Aide – EH
(Up to four  positions – Intermittent & Seasonal)
Pay Grade: 11
Shift Times: Hours vary based on the needs of Richland Public Health (RPH). May work early mornings, days, evenings, weekends or holidays.
General Statement of Duties:
Assists in the efficient operation of Richland Public Health’s Environmental Health Division. Responsible for performing routine equipment maintenance tasks, mosquito vector control activities and general cleaning. Performs other tasks as assigned.
Required education, experience, training:
- Knowledge of RPH practices and procedures, customer service, organizing and planning techniques.
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively; plan, schedule, and organize work; prepare accurate and complete reports; classify and organize records; maintain confidentiality; perform all job duties.
- Skill in the operation of maintenance related equipment including but not limited to ability to use hand shovel, rake, broom, mop, hand cart, pressure washer, mower and moving dolly.
- Ability to demonstrate physical fitness and agility, lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend oral and/or instructions, read warning signs and labels, write and call in supply orders.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to count, calculate and perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Reasoning Ability: Develop logical conclusions from facts and circumstances; apply common sense to carry out written instructions; ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standard situations.
- Knowledge of all safety practices (i.e. handling of hazardous materials, proper lifting techniques, etc.).
- Successful course completion of OhioTrain 700 a., 100 b., 200 b. and 800 b. (or as amended). Certification must be completed within sixty (60) days of employment.
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively; plan, schedule, and organize work; maintain confidentiality; perform all job duties.
- May work early mornings, days, evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Maintain and increase knowledge and skills through attendance at training seminars and in-service training sessions.
- An individual who poses a direct threat to the health and safety of himself/herself or others in the
workplace will be deemed not qualified for this position.
- Must maintain valid Ohio Driver’s license and provide proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Must attend Bloodborne Pathogen Training.
- Must obtain the Commercial Pesticide Applicators License from the Ohio Department of Agriculture within the first thirty (30) days of employment.
Posting Date: January 17, 2020 Closing Date: January 27, 2020
Posting Time: 10:00 A.M. Closing Time: 10:00 A.M.
The specific statements shown in this description are not intended to be all inclusive.
They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT – Click for form: Must be sent to address below
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION SURVEY (Voluntary) – Click for form
Director of Human Resources, Legal, Facilities & Information Technology
Richland Public Health
555 Lexington Avenue
Mansfield, OH 44907
Deadline for physical receipt of completed applications: Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Provider
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER