Lead Paint and Safety Recalls
Periodically, the Health Department will post recall announcements for products with lead paint or product safety recalls when the recall affects Richland County stores or is an Ohio or national recall.
Official Food & Drug Administration Safety Recall Page
USA Safe Kids website has safety recalls for children’s car seats and children’s play items, including those with lead paint:
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recall site:
Official Notice Site: https://www.cpsc.gov/recall-hazards/lead
Please note that you may have to enter details in the search window (for example: lead paint) to speed your search.
The Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair
- Submit an application to certify your firm for five years.
- A one-day class will certify your renovators for five years.
- Learn the required steps to contain the work area, minimize dust and thoroughly clean up every day.
Any contractor, including renovators, electricians, HVAC specialists, plumbers, painters
- Avoid risk of government fines and civil liability:
Without certification and by not following approved practices, you and your company can face tens of
thousands of dollars in fines and put yourself and your company at risk of potential lawsuits.
- Protect your workers, yourself and your customers from a health risk:
Dust from renovation, repairs and painting can contaminate an entire home and, if inhaled or
ingested, can cause irreversible damage to children and adults.
- Gain competitive advantage:
- Certification makes you stand out from others and positions you as a professional contractor consumers can trust. Using your company’s certification in your marketing materials may help attract business.
- Consumers will look for the certification before hiring contractors and may be more accepting of additional costs and time associated with doing the job safely.
- Upon certification of your firm, your company will be listed as a Lead-Safe Certified Contractor on the EPA website, giving your firm the potential for new customers.
Questions or Comments
We'd love to hear from you. Contact us or take our survey to speak to one of our public health professionals or share your experience with our services. We value your feedback!