- This event has passed.
AARP Senior Driver Refresher Course
May 21 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$15.00
The AARP Driver Safety Program is the nation’s first and largest classroom refresher course for motorists age 50 and older. The class is a one-day four-hour course. Call 419-774-4726 to register.
AARP-trained volunteers teach the Driver Safety Class. We conduct classes three to four times a year. The AARP Driver Safety Course is a refresher classroom only course designed to keep older drivers on the road longer and safer. Some insurance companies (AARP is one) offer discounts on auto insurance to people who complete this course. Check with your agent. We encourage anyone who took the class three years ago or longer to take this class as a refresher and to keep your insurance discount through AARP.
Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. These fees help to pay for the workbook which you get to keep.
The AARP Driver Safety Program is designed to:
- Tune up your driving skills and update your knowledge of the rules of
- Learn about normal age-related physical changes, and how to adjust your driving to allow for these changes.
- Reduce your traffic violations, crashes, and chances for injuries.
- Drive more safely.
- Get an insurance discount. Auto insurance companies in most states provide a multiyear discount to AARP graduates!
- AARP members receive discounts on the AARP Motoring Plan from GE Motor Club.
The following dates at Richland Public Health’s Corley Room (lower level – park in lower rear parking area).
- March 26 – 9am-1pm
- May 21 – 9am-1pm
- September 24 – 9am-1pm
- November 13 – 9am-1pm
Call 419-774-4726 to register.
Maximum class size is 35.
Walk-ins welcome if space permits